Wednesday, October 9, 2013

PPP Day 9: Let It Go

So, remember me saying how I like to fly by the seat of my pants? I won't lie: it usually works for me. Until it doesn't. Like today. I am loving the challenge of posting every day, but I have run out of pre-planned posts and now am posting what I write each day. Which has been fine. Until now.

Because today, I had to homeschool and take my daughter to a dentist appointment, and do a Target run (really, I did need to) and talk to my mom (sorry, sometimes a girl just has to do that, too!) and teach an Awana lesson, and wrap up gifts for friends, and send stuff to the printer for my sister, and just be a wife and a mom! (Like finally remembering to dry the load of laundry tonight that I washed yesterday!) And we all know that while each of those things is pretty ordinary, mash them all together and there isn't much time left between. And so I am posting with precious little forethought-straight from my brain to your screen, pretty much!

And here is what I keep thinking. Sometimes you just have to let it go! Sometimes "okay" gets to be "great" because you don't have time for anything else. Sometimes, "not quite there" gets reclassified as "enough" because you couldn't squeeze in one more thing if your life depended on it! And guess what? It doesn't anyway, so just let it go!

So, for today, whether you are planning a party or just trying to check off the 'ol to-do list, mark off one thing- that you haven't done. Tell yourself that its okay if you buy a garland instead of making one-or maybe you don't have a garland at all! Tell yourself that leaving the dishes in the sink for the night won't be the end of the world-they will still need to be washed tomorrow. Because remember our definition of perfect?

Sometimes, letting it go exactly fits your needs. Sometimes, the certain purpose is maintaining your sanity (or that of your family!). Your "perfect party" will be just as great if all the food is homemade, slaved over for hours, or if you shopped for it in 15 minutes and brought it home hot from Walmart. So, for today, don't be afraid to say "no" and just let it go. Because no one will appreciate your thoughtful lists, and great theme and terrific colors if you have to be committed...;)


This is Day 8 of "31 Days of Perfect Party Planning. See the rest of the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails