Saturday, October 19, 2013

PPP Day 19: Host Homes

     

      I wanted to point out that, while I feel like I have probably planned more parties than the average person, I am not typically the host (or hostess, as the case may be). I have a small home, with a poor arrangement for hosting more than about 10 people, and since my family has four, basically that just means having another family over! Anyway, I usually have to rely on the generosity of others to host more than an "intimate" gathering.

   And because of that, I wanted to take a moment to talk about that possibility if you are pinched for space, but would love to have an event. Consider asking a friend if they would be willing to open their home for you to have your gathering. Of course, they should be someone you are already planning on inviting-does that even need to be said?!

   My friend, Christy, was gracious enough to have *my* birthday party in her home! That was such a sweet gesture. She has a beautiful, spacious home, and it was so nice to know that the 20+ people that were coming wouldn't end up standing along the walls.

    I have also had several other friends volunteer to host our semi-annual clothing swap, and when a baby shower comes up, it is never a problem to find a place to have it. We all use our gifts-mine leans more towards decorating, but thankfully, I have been blessed by those who are strong in the area of hospitality!  
    So just because you may not have an ideal home for a party doesn't mean that you can't have one. You don't want to abuse the privileges of friendship, but if you are tight on space, consider asking someone to "loan" you their home. And make sure to buy them a little something as a thank-you, if you can.:)

This is Day 19 of "31 Days of Perfect Party Planning". See the rest of the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails